modesetting branch won't display native resolution

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jan 4 10:29:40 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 06:22 -0800, Wil Reichert wrote:

> HorizSync    30.0 - 81.0
> VertRefresh  56.0 - 100.0

That's because the driver doesn't appear to detect a DDC connection from
which it can pull EDID information to automatically configure the
monitor.

> to my monitor section which I thought was odd as its a flatscreen but
> those values no longer seem to work.  Commenting them out didn't seem
> to help either.

Right, the driver doesn't look in the old monitor section for these
values at this point. I should figure out if that is fixable.

You can add

	Option "monitor-VGA" "Foo"

to the Device section, and then it will load up the monitor information
from the Monitor section with Identifier "Foo", in there you can stick
the sync ranges as above and it should work. You can also add

	Option "PreferredMode" "1600x1200"

to that monitor section and it will select that mode in preference to
others.

> I've attached th usual logs.

Thanks; useful as always.

keith.packard at intel.com