How to change '75x75 dots per inch'

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 4 00:44:56 PST 2007

Le Jeu 4 janvier 2007 04:05, Leo a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,

Hi Leo,

> * Nicolas Mailhot (2007-01-04 00:01 +0100) said:
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Le mercredi 03 janvier 2007 à 22:26 +0000, Leo a écrit :
>>> * C. G. (2007-01-03 17:45 +0000) said:

> I don't know those numbers. It is a LCD screen on DELL 700m laptop.

Looks like an early widescreen model, so probably Dell cheated there.
Tough if it's the 12" variant they really didn't need to.

> If it is hardware's fault, I will try the workaround ;)
>
> I have another machine running Fedora 6 with a CRT screen and I am
> still getting a 75x75 DPI.

You may try to adjust displaysize to the physical screen size, and use the
highest resolution it is capable of @85. Unless it is one of those screens
that sacrificed pixel density to size, you should get around 100dpi
density.
(xorg sometimes guesses displaysize bad because of missing edid)

If you have the chance to look at a >100dpi model someday you'll be amazed
how much difference it makes in text rendering (even as low as 125 makes a
difference). Unfortunately text is not a seller like games and video

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot