i810 modesetting on xorg 7.1 fun

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Tue Jan 2 02:06:12 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 00:32 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Ok, I spent an hour this evening doing exactly this -- building and
> running the driver against the stock Debian X server. There were a few
> minor bugs that I've fixed, along with all of the header mistakes that
> Ross found. It now builds and runs quite nicely, even doing dual-head
> stuff automatically. You can't configure the mergefb stuff yet, but I'll
> be adding config file support soon (really, I expected to already have
> this done, but keep getting side-tracked). With that, the xorg.conf file
> will expose the same capabilities as RandR 1.2 does, although only at
> startup time, not on the fly.
>
> Thanks much for finding all of the problems; that made it very easy to
> go in and make things work.

I've just installed the latest git drivers, and its partially better.
gdm no longer pans, but xrandr is still showing the odd screens:

$ xrandr
 SZ:    Pixels          Physical       Refresh
*0   1024 x 768    ( 694mm x 260mm )  *50   60   40
 1    800 x 600    ( 694mm x 260mm )   60
 2    640 x 480    ( 694mm x 260mm )   60
 3   2048 x 768    ( 694mm x 260mm )   50
Current rotation - normal
Current reflection - none
Rotations possible - normal left inverted right
Reflections possible - none

Attached is the xorg.log.

I presume this would be a bug in the xrandr implementation in the
xserver?

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com