i810 modesetting on xorg 7.1 fun

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 2 00:32:17 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 17:05 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 15:48 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> > When I login to GNOME, I get the correct 1024x768 but xdpyinfo is
> > confused:

Ok, I spent an hour this evening doing exactly this -- building and
running the driver against the stock Debian X server. There were a few
minor bugs that I've fixed, along with all of the header mistakes that
Ross found. It now builds and runs quite nicely, even doing dual-head
stuff automatically. You can't configure the mergefb stuff yet, but I'll
be adding config file support soon (really, I expected to already have
this done, but keep getting side-tracked). With that, the xorg.conf file
will expose the same capabilities as RandR 1.2 does, although only at
startup time, not on the fly.

Thanks much for finding all of the problems; that made it very easy to
go in and make things work.

keith.packard at intel.com