Problems with Intel Graphic Driver

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Mon Jan 1 11:04:50 PST 2007

Hi List and a happy new year 2007,

I seem to have some problems regarding performance with the Intel
Graphic Driver i810.

On my Notebook, I have an Intel 915GM Chipset.

I experience the problem especially with two games I'm active following:
- UFO:AI
- Blob and Conquer
(not meant as publicity)

Here the problems:
UFO:AI is very very slow (~4 frames per second) even in the menu
without animations. There is no big difference wether DRI is enabled
or not

blob And Conquer:
The game is also VERY slow, and not playable.
But there is even a notable difference between DRI enable and disabled:
Enabled.: The menu is only an empty box, no fonts get rendered to the screen.
Disabled: The menu is visible, fonts get rendered to the screen

All tests were done on a Notebook with openSUSE 10.2  (Xorg 7.2, Mesa
6.5.1), but I know that at least somebody else running a macbook has
the same problems.

Is there anything I can help you to solve this down (unfortunately
with very limited coding experiance)

Kind regards,
Dominique