Cirrus GD5446 at 1280x1024 - half way there!

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Sat Feb 24 09:21:46 PST 2007

Robin Atwood wrote:
> I have been struggling with this for a week but I am stuck and no one else on
> various lists has much idea either. Perhaps you guys have the answer. I have
> installed Solaris 10 in a virtual machine under Qemu. Solaris is configured
> to use Xorg and Qemu emulates the CL GD5446 video adapter.
[...]
> and the screen section has a default depth of 16.

The default methods of starting X on Solaris pass "-depth 24" on the command
line, which overrides the xorg.conf file.   You can change the depth they
pass by running:

svccfg -s svc:/application/x11/x11-server setprop options/default_depth=16

(See the Xserver(1) man page on Solaris for more details.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com