RandR 1.2 and Compiz/Beryl Issues

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 21 16:00:33 PST 2007

Hi,

I tried updating to randr 1.2 but things went a bit haywire with beryl!

Screen updates appear not to happen properly. If I start beryl after
logging in, windows will be there until they are minimised but then will
not unminimse properly. Menus do not draw and text does not appear in
windows until they are moved etc.

I asked in #beryl-dev and was told the same thing happens with
compiz-git (hence the post on compiz ML!)

I put some debug code into the RandR based refresh rate detection and
that came out correctly as 60 but that's about as far as I got.

If I remove all of the randr based code from beryl it works fine.

Has anyone (KeithP/DavidR?) got any ideas?

Col.