Mia Via miavia at myway.com
Sun Feb 18 10:17:01 PST 2007

I think this started when I upgraded to FC5 and whatever xorg update came with it.
I type a lot of ctl-shift-<key> and alt-shift-<key> combinations to both my shell (zsh) and my editor (xemacs).
The order of pressing and holding down the modifier and the shift keys didn't use to matter, i.e. I could press and hold down the ctrl key, then the shift key, then press the <key> I wanted or I could press and down the shift key first, then the ctrl key, then the key, and would get the same result. Not that I consciously add to think about which to press first, it would be up to my fingers.
With current versions of xorg I get different results depending on the order of holding down the shift and the extra modifier, with annoying results, e.g. ctrl-shift-underscore is undo but shift-ctrl-underscore gives me an underscore.
Is there a way to disable this and get the old behavior back?