Poor image quality on Thinkpad T60 notebook WXSGA+ w/ Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:47:25 PST 2007

[snip]
> image at all), but worse there is a faint horizontal banding in the
> display similar to what I remember seeing on old interlaced displays
> with low refresh rates.
[snip]

My girlfriend said she couldn't see the horizontal banding.. So to
confirm my non-insanity I made a test image 2px high, 30px wide. The
left 15 pix has blue a blue pixel on top and a red pixel on the
bottom.. the right half reverses this.

Because every other line is dimmer than it's neighbor, this causes a
color change every 15 pixels (vertical bars, alternating between more
purple and more lavender), it's really obvious that something is
wrong:

http://72.165.205.81/img_9995.jpg