GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap working on GeForce 8800 but not on i965

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Fri Dec 28 01:24:14 PST 2007

Greetings again!

	I simplified the example by two thirds (~500 lines instead of ~1400)
hoping that someone might take a look at it and possibly explain why
this does not work on the i965 (not under compiz, not under metacity)
and only on a GeForce (not under compiz, only under metacity).

	The i965 is running the 2.1.1 intel-driver shipping with Ubuntu 7.10
(64bit) under xserver 1.3.0. Both, under metacity and compiz,
x11-tfp-test fails with a GLXBadPixmap-error for
X_GLXVenderPrivateWithReply.

	The GeForce 8800 runs nvidia's binary driver 100.14.19 on Ubuntu 7.10
(32bit) under xserver 1.3.0. Under metacity the x11-tfp-test program
works. Under compiz it fails with the a BadAlloc-error "insufficient
resources for operation" for the request X_GLXCreatePixmap.

	After the last couple of days I'm surprised that
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap (compiz) works at all on the i965. I tried
to get further clues from compiz' source, but trying to do exactly the
same calls compiz does (setting up a GL-context, finding the right
fbconfig etc), just isn't working.

	Also what GLX-version is relevant again? Client, server or this
"generic" one?

Best regards...

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller