Errors compiling xf86-video-intel on Debian 4.0

Joseph Alten joeprogrammer70 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:52:21 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my setup from a Gentoo system to a Debian one.
My main problem at the moment is trying to get the xf86-video-intel
driver to compile; it has a number of errors which I need help with.
I've been following the guide here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2399695&postcount=102

When I try to actually compile xf86-video-intel, I get the following
error:

modes/xf86Modes.c: In function 'xf86ValidateModesBandwidth':
modes/xf86Modes.c:512: error: 'MODE_BANDWIDTH' undeclared (first use
in this function)

The actual code it's choking on is this:

for (mode = modeList; mode != NULL; mode = mode->next) {
       if (xf86ModeBandwidth(mode, depth) > bandwidth)
            mode->status = MODE_BANDWIDTH;
}

After a bit of grepping, it appears that MODE_BANDWIDTH is defined in
xf86str.h, and so I tried  (I can't remember the exact path)
#include'ing the absolute path, but that didn't seem to help. Finally
I just commented out the if() statement to see if it would compile,
but then I got further errors.

modes/xf86Cursors.c: In function 'xf86_set_cursor_colors':
modes/xf86Cursors.c:229: warning: implicit declaration of function
'dixLookupPri vate'
modes/xf86Cursors.c:229: warning: nested extern declaration of
'dixLookupPrivate '
modes/xf86Cursors.c:229: error: 'struct _Cursor' has no member named
'devPrivate s'
modes/xf86Cursors.c:230: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in
conditional e xpression
modes/xf86Cursors.c: In function 'intel_xf86_reload_cursors':
modes/xf86Cursors.c:616: error: 'struct _Cursor' has no member named
'devPrivate s'
modes/xf86Cursors.c:616: warning: passing argument 2 of 'cursor_info-
 >LoadCursor Image' makes pointer from integer without a cast

Thanks for helping.

--Joe