Adding xinput to apps

Tue Dec 18 22:25:12 PST 2007

pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
>   Well, by changing BOOL to Bool and #if 0'ing list.c "if (daemon)..." I
> could compile it and make some tests, i.e. list devices and use the test
> option to map to the extended devices and actually map to my normal mouse.
>   The daemon variable is also not initialized, so I think you are still
> working on it :-)

I had a cherry-pick gone rogue. Should be fixed now.
Before I move it to apps tomorrow, I'll revert all the cherry picks and
make sure that the history in the master branch isn't as messed up as it
is now.

> As I said, I have pretty much nil knowledge about XInput, but from
> a quick view of the source, it may be a good idea to have it available,
> unless it is choosen to do something like you said, and remove the
> modules broken in branch 1.4, but again, after some "overview" on the
> code of some input modules, this doesn't look like a wise idea as it looks
> like code that used to work for several years, so maybe there is some
> magic that can be done to make 1.4 work as 1.3, or earlier regarding to
> extended input devices, i.e. some kind of compat mode.

less commas and more periods please. I'm not sure if I understood this
sentence ;)

the xinput tool does not have anything to do with the input modules. It
is basically just a runtime configuration tool.

btw. "used to work" is not the same as "nobody complained" :)

Cheers,
   Peter