About some git repositories

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Tue Dec 18 20:31:01 PST 2007

> pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
>>   Also, is there some consensus, or does people even know :-) that there is
>> alot of broken input modules that won't work with origin/server-1.4-branch
>> currently ?
>
> IIRC input hotplug was merged into master in november 2006. these
> modules all broke back then and nobody stepped up to fix them. This
> is probably a signal that they are not well maintained. Even if the
> code is fixed to compile correctly, we could not ensure that it
> actually works.

  Well, I cannot say if it works, but at least there are no undefined
symbols in the 1.3 server. But yes, just making them compile may not be
the proper fix, i.e. doing things like assuming xf86IsCorePointer always
returns true, or that xf86XInputSetSendCoreEvents is a noop. I presume
this may be the case, but I would like to know from someone with more
knowledge if this is the case. But I suspect there are more serious
issues with "motion events" handling and the like.

> Cheers,
>   Peter

Paulo