Status of EXA with intel-2.2.0

Regina Anger regina.anger at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:40:59 PST 2007

> > EXA is a major performance improvement over XAA on my non-965 systems.
>
> It's most certainly not on mine.

This is also the reson why I asked before updating my whole system.
The state of XAA is pretty bad - almost everything results in software-fallbacks (even drawcirle??) - which are too slow for my needs. I am currently implementing some 2D heavy stuff and although EXA does some things quite well, it was still too slow last time i tried it - it even slowed down overall GUI feeling.

So, I also join the question: Will we see major performance increases with newer drivers, or is the hardware really that limited?

Thanks, Regina