Noisy picture with intel driver and DVI ADD2 card

Rich Aycock rich at wittyname.com
Sun Dec 16 19:05:02 PST 2007

I've got an Intel G33 that I'm trying to hook up to my 720p DLP TV. I'm
using an ADD2 card to output DVI to my Toshiba 42HM66 HDMI input.  The
picture comes up but there is a lot of noise (speckles bouncing around
all over the TV) and occasional flickering.  In the Xorg log I see this
line:

(EE) intel(0): First SDVO output reported failure to sync

which I think is the source of the problem.  When I use 640x480 intead
of 1280x720 (720p) the picture is fine and I don't get that error above.
  I also hooked an LCD monitor up to it via DVI and it worked fine.
I've used the DVI out on my cable box with this TV without problems.
Any ideas of how to fix this, or is it just a buggy TV?

I'm using v2.2.0 of the intel driver from Debian Unstable.  I've
attached my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log.

Rich