Intel tv output in gray-scale

William william88 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:56:07 PST 2007

Hi,

Since I bought my first laptop (about 3 months ago) I am trying to get
the TV output working with colors (it works just fine but in
gray-scale).
I was looking for threads in xorg archive mailing list about this
issue and I found some people with the same problem but without a
conclusive answer.

I already tried to adjust the format on TV and set the TV_FORMAT using
xrandr (i.e. xrandr --output TV --set TV_FORMAT PAL-M) without
success, the screen still in gray-scale. (I can get it wor
king on Windows)

My video card:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
I am running Debian Unstable (sid) and I already tried to use the
lastest intel driver from svn repository.

Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong? Is there any
information which i can give?

Thanks for your help :)

Please, CC replies to me because i am not a subscriber.

Regards,
William Grzybowski