MacBook Intel GMA950 w/ Dell 2407WFP - resolution problem

Cry Regarder cry_regarder at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 22:03:22 PST 2007

From: Joseph Alten <joeprogrammer70 at gmail.com>
> works, or it doesn't. :-) But my only question now is, how do I set
> the resolution through the xorg.conf file? Obviously it shouldn't be
> too hard, given that the only command I have to run to set it at
> runtime is 'xrandr --output TMDS-1 --mode 1920x1200'. IMHO, the old
> Intel driver configuration seemed much simpler, when there was a
> screen section for each monitor and you just set it with 'modes'. But
> whatever.

works or doesn't...not my experience.  Two months later it stopped working again...and then three days later, it spontaneously started working again.  Anywho, here is the xorg that lets you control the resolution:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection