MacBook Intel GMA950 w/ Dell 2407WFP - resolution problem

Joseph Alten joeprogrammer70 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:18:52 PST 2007

On 11-Dec-07, at 10:52 AM, Cry Regarder wrote:

> Good luck.  I still get this with the intel driver.
> What I find is that I just have to try and start X a
> billion times and then sooner or later, sometimes a
> day later, it will just work.  This monitor is
> extraordinarily frustrating.  Never buy a 2407FPW.
> I've tried every option I could think of or find on
> the web.

Well, for me it's been fairly reliable -- either my configuration
works, or it doesn't. :-) But my only question now is, how do I set
the resolution through the xorg.conf file? Obviously it shouldn't be
too hard, given that the only command I have to run to set it at
runtime is 'xrandr --output TMDS-1 --mode 1920x1200'. IMHO, the old
Intel driver configuration seemed much simpler, when there was a
screen section for each monitor and you just set it with 'modes'. But
whatever.

Joe