Major stability issues with xf86-video-intel 2.2.0 when using Xv

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Dec 12 09:24:00 PST 2007

On Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:25 am Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Thomas Ilnseher a écrit :
> > I was using 2.2.0 on gentoo (GL960 Chipset), and noticed that teh 2D
> > performance under compiz-fusion REALLY sucked! (ie. pingus running with
> > 14fps, scrolling in FF feels slow). Reverted to 2.1.1 and everything
> > seems fine again.
> >
> > I would recommend everyone to avoid 2.2.0 !
> >
> > Tom
>
> Well, I'm really thinking about masking 2.2.0 in portage for the time
> being, as it's creating more problems for users than it is solving.
>

> @Intel developpers:
>
> As the new maintainer for this driver in Gentoo, could I humbly ask you
> guys try to push out more releases, even if they are alpha/beta and
> clearly marked as such (2.x.9[0-9]) so that we can provide better feedback?

I'm working on a 2.2.1 release now to address these types of problems.  The
only Xv related change I can think of was to avoid crashes on some machines
where if you used Xv and exited the server you'd get a crash; I can't think
of anything else that would cause the problem you're seeing.  Is there a bug
filed?

Jesse