Major stability issues with xf86-video-intel 2.2.0 when using Xv

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed Dec 12 03:25:09 PST 2007

Thomas Ilnseher a écrit :
> I was using 2.2.0 on gentoo (GL960 Chipset), and noticed that teh 2D
> performance under compiz-fusion REALLY sucked! (ie. pingus running with
> 14fps, scrolling in FF feels slow). Reverted to 2.1.1 and everything
> seems fine again.
>
> I would recommend everyone to avoid 2.2.0 !
>
> Tom

Well, I'm really thinking about masking 2.2.0 in portage for the time
being, as it's creating more problems for users than it is solving.

@Intel developpers:

As the new maintainer for this driver in Gentoo, could I humbly ask you
guys try to push out more releases, even if they are alpha/beta and
clearly marked as such (2.x.9[0-9]) so that we can provide better feedback?

That would be greatly appreciated.

@Willi,

Thanks for that bug report. Do you know by any chance which commit in
xorg-server fixed this so I can try it on my laptop?

Cheers,

--
Rémi Cardona
LRI, Université Paris-Sud