[xorg] Regression Problem in Xorg 7.3

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Dec 12 11:37:44 PST 2007

On 2007-12-12 11:51-0500 Anthony L. Awtrey wrote:

> Hello the list,
>
> Short Version:
>
> I've got a weird regression performance problem between Xorg 6.5 and
> Xorg 7.x and I don't know where to report the bug or the details that I
> need to provide to hopefully get a fix. Basically, it looks like that
> some image and pixmap display operations now take 50% to 100% longer in
> Xorg 7.3 when compared to Xorg 6.5. Using Debian Etch and Debian Lenny
> (pre-release) as baselines, I can demonstrate this issue very clearly.

I wonder if that is an XAA (default on earlier X versions) versus
EXA (default on latest X versions) performance difference?

For the intel driver (which I assume you are using since your hardware is
"Intel Corporation Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller") you can specify

Option          "AccelMethod" "XAA"

in the Device Section to insure you use XAA for the latest X.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).