Website maintenance volunteers?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Fri Dec 7 14:29:12 PST 2007

Barton C Massey wrote:
> In message <20071206105745.GH3614 at fooishbar.org> you wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 12:54:36AM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
>>> Can somebody in the know please give a clear description of
>>> what our current Wiki editing rules are?
>> FrontPage: only a limited subset of people (historical reasons)
>> everything else: everyone who's registered
>
> Thanks!  "Everything else" includes the project wikis, I
> assume.
>
> I did not know/remember this.  Do folks have thoughts on
> non-member wiki edits?  Should non-members have edit
> permission only on a specific subsite (or not at all)?

How would the wiki know who is a member?   Sounds like additional
admin work to keep an up-to-date copy of the member database on
freedesktop.org and designing some way to authenticate against it,
so that the spammers can't just all claim they're Jim Gettys or
Keith Packard or other well known members.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com