Website maintenance volunteers?

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:40:33 PST 2007

In message <20071206105745.GH3614 at fooishbar.org> you wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 12:54:36AM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> > Can somebody in the know please give a clear description of
> > what our current Wiki editing rules are?
>
> FrontPage: only a limited subset of people (historical reasons)
> everything else: everyone who's registered

Thanks!  "Everything else" includes the project wikis, I
assume.

I did not know/remember this.  Do folks have thoughts on
non-member wiki edits?  Should non-members have edit
permission only on a specific subsite (or not at all)?
Should we have a separate registration review for folks who
sign up to edit the wiki?  Or should we just use standard
wikispam-fighting techniques and hope for the best?

    Bart