Website maintenance volunteers?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Dec 7 09:12:45 PST 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:47:03AM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> In message <47580511.30403 at clearchain.com> you wrote:
> > Whilst I agree MW has a much richer feature set, Moin
> > seems nicely suited to wiki farms.  There's trade offs
> > either way.  MW is much easier to extend though. I've not
> > looked at Moin for extendability.  One thing to note is MW
> > has no concept of acl's. Moin does. Though based on the
> > current wiki rules that's not an issue.
>
> In my mind, the conversion to MediaWiki is a moot point
> unless somebody has some plan for solving the content
> conversion problem.  As far as I know, there are no
> automated tools for this. I haven't heard anybody speak up
> with a viable plan for how it would be done by hand, either,
> which seems to me to be a huge amount of work with
> substantial risks.

I had, in fact, mentioned twice, once to Daniel off list, and once on,
that the MythTV project has a set of scripts for this conversion,
having done it ourselves (to excellent effect) about 2 years ago.

If interest in them is decided upon, we'd be glad to share them; I'll
run off now and make sure we still *have* them.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA