Website maintenance volunteers?

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:47:03 PST 2007

In message <47580511.30403 at clearchain.com> you wrote:
> Whilst I agree MW has a much richer feature set, Moin
> seems nicely suited to wiki farms.  There's trade offs
> either way.  MW is much easier to extend though. I've not
> looked at Moin for extendability.  One thing to note is MW
> has no concept of acl's. Moin does. Though based on the
> current wiki rules that's not an issue.

In my mind, the conversion to MediaWiki is a moot point
unless somebody has some plan for solving the content
conversion problem.  As far as I know, there are no
automated tools for this. I haven't heard anybody speak up
with a viable plan for how it would be done by hand, either,
which seems to me to be a huge amount of work with
substantial risks.

	Bart