About removing libc wrapper

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Dec 3 17:24:05 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:15:56PM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> I'm all for making it easier to support BSD & Solaris, but does this
> really do that?

Speaking as someone who is maintaing support for at least two BSDs --
no, I don't think it helps very much. Making sure that all modules can
be compiled with "-z defs" or the equivalent libtool option helps more
than the restriction has. On the contrary it prevented e.g. Propolice
from being usable out of the box.

I agree, I still have to see a binary-only driver that doesn't depend on
some kernel blob to work.

Joerg