Request to reconfigure the list with [xorg] in subject line

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Dec 3 14:53:17 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 12:20 -0800, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> The reason why I ask for [xorg] (or any other appropriate short unique
> descriptor) in the subject line is it makes it much easier to sort out
> this
> list traffic from other lists I am subscribed to. This is a pretty
> standard
> convention that most lists use, and I would very much appreciate it if
> this
> list was configured to follow that convention as well.

+1.  Most of us process mail a first pass based on the subject.  For
example, any message directly sent to me should get read while mailing
list messages with subject lines I'm not interested in are typically get
deleted right away.... xorg is one of the few lists I'm on that doesn't
have a subject line indicator.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh