Fwd: Re: Multi X-session setup

tom at dbservice.com tom at dbservice.com
Mon Dec 3 03:26:23 PST 2007

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:02:09 +0530, "JoJo jojo" <onetwojojo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I understand correctly, here are your requirements,
>> -2 independent GDM sessions, (i.e play a movie on 1 screen & a browser
>> on another screen, example)
>> -1 keyboard & 1 mouse
>>
>> The simplest solution is to setup ATI big desktop(aticonfig
>> --dtop=horizontal etc) & disable xinerama(xorg.conf)
>> the down side is that you only get user login on 1 screen & both
>> screen are under the same user login.

How would that be two independent GDM sessions? Big desktop is nothing
more that what nvidia calls TwinView, eg. two monitors presented to
the xserver as one. You'd still be using one GDM session... even just
one screen!
I already suggested a Dual-Screen setup, but for some reason the OP
doesn't want that.

tech, please explain why you need two independent sessions.

tom