Final call: Nominations for X.Org Foundation Board

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Dec 2 16:30:17 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 10:29:56PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Nominations for the 2007 election are currently open and
> > will remain open until 23.59 GMT on Saturday 1 December
> > 2007.
>
> Dear Barton, dear Keith,
>
> I think there is a serious problem with a nomination process that is
> announced on a Friday evening, with the deadline on Saturday.
>
> I am fully convinced that this is simply a mistake, and that there is
> no intention to limit the nominees.  However, I believe that this
> mistake should be fixed, lest the governance process of X.Org go the
> way of XFree86.
>
> I would like to request that the nominations deadline should be
> extended by a week at least.

Hi Juliusz,
Very sorry about this.  Bart announced the nominations a couple of weeks
ago to xorg at l.fd.o, but simply forgot to mail xf_members.  A genuine
oversight (indeed, it was available on the _publicly archived_ list
rather than the private one, so there's no real lust for secrecy) rather
than malice.

Cheers,
Daniel