Intel driver problem with TV output

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sun Dec 2 08:43:07 PST 2007

On Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:15 am Richard Goedeken wrote:
> There are other major bugs that I've found as well.  Is there a
> Bugzilla server where I can log these?  In particular: 1. With the F9
> (rawhide) drivers, the monitor goes into power-save mode when
> switching to a text VT.  Switching back to X gives a blank screen
> (monitor powers up though), and requires an X restart or reboot to
> bring the display back. 2. With the F8 drivers, switching to a text
> VT works fine, but sometimes when switching back to X the screen is
> blank. After switching back and forth several times the graphical
> display will appear correctly, without having to restart X.

Some people reported TV out related problems prior to the 2.2 relese,
but I was hoping we'd quashed the major bugs for that release.

If it's possible for you to build a new driver yourself (should be
fairly easy if you're running rawhide), you can try applying the
attached patch to tweak your TV output properties.  It may be that the
brightness or other values are wrong for your configuration.

Once it's installed, you can use 'xrandr --prop' to see the current
values and 'xrandr --output TV --set CONTRAST 20' for example to set
the contrast.

Jesse