Anybody please reply:Is it possible to have keyboard or mouse with Xvfb ?

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Sun Dec 2 07:30:54 PST 2007

Quoting jenny tc <jennytharayil at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>  Is it possible to  have a keyboard or mouse or any input device with Xvfb?
> I am using Xvfb with the X11R7.3. If possible , any special configuration
> needed? If not any modifiction of the vfb code will do it?

  Maybe it could be easier to give a better response if you describe how
you are using Xvfb. But I believe it should not be too much hard to
implement as I guess you just want to send a few events, probably with
something like XSendEvent. Otherwise, you probably would be better with
Kdrive, Xephyr, Xnest, etc, or maybe hacking one of those to map to a
"special" memory device.
  The Xvfb code is basically 1k lines of C source. I suggest checking
how Xnest, as a X client handles events, and replicate appropriatelly
in your Xfvb variant.

> -Jenny

Paulo