Avivo status

Michael Olbrich michael-olbrich at web.de
Fri Aug 24 14:14:54 PDT 2007

Hi,

first of all thanks for the great work. I've been using avivo for a
while now on a dayly basis and it works great during normal operations.

My hardware:
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility X1400 (prog-if 00 [VGA])

There are however two remaining issues:

1. closing and opening the lid (it's a laptop) will still mess up the
   screen.
   There is no output in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
   The screen is still updated e.g. I see the (distorted) cursor moving
   switching to/from another vt restores the screen

2. after some idle time the system locks up.
   magic SysRq to sync and power off is the only thing that still
   worked.
   As far as I can tell this first appeared with:
commit 7800016506da80b09a94279d17c0675b40791db0