Problem displaying special fonts with xterm

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Aug 23 05:37:21 PDT 2007

Le Dim 19 août 2007 23:56, Peter Andrews a écrit :

> 	It has been suggested that the special fonts used by TPS are
> very old, and need to be upgraded. I would welcome pointers to
> relevant information about fonts.

The DejaVu volunteer project (dejavu.sf.net) is maintaining a FLOSS
font set with wide unicode coverage (including many math symbols). You
can check if the fonts include the symbols you need, contribute or ask
for missing glyphs, signal problems, etc. New releases occur monthly
so changes can be integrated quickly.

As with any modern font mathematic glyphs are indexed in standard
unicode order, so you'll either have to produce a derivative with
glyphs re-arranged in the positions your software expects, or update
it to produce  correct unicode strings

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot