module releases for X11R7.3

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Aug 22 13:45:01 PDT 2007

As you may have noticed on xorg-announce, I've been pushing out
new releases of a bunch of the lib & app modules with changes
accumulated in git since their last release.

I've put a list in the wiki of the updated & new modules for the
7.3 release (gathered from the xorg-announce archives):
	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Releases/7.3

If you've put changes in that you expected in a module in this
release, and they're not there, now would be a good time to make
sure they're released.

I haven't touched any of the drivers, though most of the input
modules probably need a release.

There's also some modules I saw had changes that I wasn't sure
if they were ready for release or not, or which I assumed their
maintainers would be taking care of:
   proto: randrproto, x11proto, xf86dgaproto
   lib: libXfont, libXi, libxkbui, libXrandr, libXxf86dga
   app: xinit, xphelloworld, xrandr
   util: cf, macros

(I generated the list of modules with a loop doing "git log -1"
 in each subdir, and seeing which didn't look like a version
 bump was their last commit - ideally there would be a way to
 have git show a log of all commits since the last tagged commit,
 but I don't know how to do that - anyone have a suggestion?)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com