Help on running Xfbdev (ARM processor)

Prashant J Zaveri pjz1607 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:42:59 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have cross-compiled Xfbdev for ARM9 core and want to run it on a
board powered by Freescale's i.MX21 processor and running Kernel
Vanilla 2.6.22 with a few board-specific patches. When I run Xfbdev, I
get a few errors like the following:

"Could not init font path element
/home/prashant/xorg/modular/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!"

While compiling, I used prefix = /home/prashant/xorg/modular so that I
get the binaries and libraries in "modular" directory. I later
transferred these to /usr/lib or /usr/bin as necessary on the Linux
root file system.

In my understanding, it should have picked up the font files from
/usr/lib but it is searching in a path that I gave during build. Why
is this? What do I need to provide during build so that it looks into
proper path while running?

Thanks,
Prashant