color calibration and xvideo (xv)

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Tue Aug 21 14:28:49 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 09:24:39PM +0000, Friedrich Schiller wrote:
> So I am not sure whether this driver/chip uses Legacy XV overlays
> (as suggested by Lukáš Hejtmánek)?  Can this be changed somehow
> in the xorg.conf file ?

xvinfo | grep XV_COLORKEY (or some similar value)

Is there something like that? If you pick the window with movie and move it
around quickly, you should see the colorkey behind the movie (in the case of
Radeon, it is usualy pink, the XV_COLORKEY says RGB value of the colorkey).

If you see something like that, it is legacy overlay that bypass LUTs. And you
can use GAMMA (and I think radeon has also RED_GAMMA, BLUE_GAMMA,
GREEN_GAMMA). But you can hardly use monitor profile...

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek