EXA

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Aug 21 11:02:30 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 19:35 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 06:08:30PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > Okay, so apparently exaShmPutImage isn't doing quite the right thing
> > > yet. It should probably keep or even force the destination pixmap
> > > offscreen.
> >
> > Here's a new patch that seems to help workspace switching here with
> > metacity. Please let me know how it goes for you.
>
> Not exactly,

You're saying it doesn't help at all for you?

> there is a path that does migration. And I realized that migration
> is nonsense in case of PolyFill as memcpy takes actually more time than it is
> saved by accelerated PolyFill.

The memcpy you're referring to is probably for a software fallback
though, isn't it? In the case of my Firefox it seems to be a small
stippled fill that causes the whole window pixmap to be migrated out.

BTW, have you tried Option "MigrationHeuristic" "smart" or "greedy" to
see if either works better for you?

> XML sysprof is attached. Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.

Unfortunately, my sysprof refuses to open this: 'Could not open
new-exa.txt: Id 137767120 doesn't reference any record or list'.