EXA

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Tue Aug 21 10:35:26 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 06:08:30PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Okay, so apparently exaShmPutImage isn't doing quite the right thing
> > yet. It should probably keep or even force the destination pixmap
> > offscreen.
>
> Here's a new patch that seems to help workspace switching here with
> metacity. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Not exactly, there is a path that does migration. And I realized that migration
is nonsense in case of PolyFill as memcpy takes actually more time than it is
saved by accelerated PolyFill.

I guess that problematic part is the polyfill now as default gtk skin uses
intensively polyfills and to be polyfilled areas are mapped noticably slower
then the rest of firefox window.

XML sysprof is attached. Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek