New Pixman Naming Scheme

vehemens vehemens at verizon.net
Mon Aug 6 22:08:08 PDT 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 08:11:37 pm Carl Worth wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 19:58:09 -0700, vehemens wrote:
> > Is the "new" pixman naming scheme really the direction xorg plans to take
> > for future library releases?
>
> What do you mean by the "pixman naming scheme" ?

It's the renaming of the various library pieces to pixman-1.

> Is there something in particular you'd like to change in pixman? If
> so, now would be a good time to say it, (and specifically), as both
> the X server and cairo have stable releases coming up that will depend
> on this library.

It's more of what approach is the community planning to take on naming for
future releases, and for more then just xorg releases?  And to take it a step
further, applications as well?

I hadn't seen any recent discussion on this subject, so the change was bit of
a surprise as it has already broken the last xserver release.