Code slush starts, and 7.3 release schedule

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri Aug 3 09:38:42 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 15:34 +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > During code freeze, approval from one of ajax, daniels, or myself is
> > necessary.  And for the 3 of us, we should get review from someone else.
>
> Could you put your names in a MAINTAINERS file in the xserver tree?
>
> In the past, I looked for the xserver maintainer and the closest match
> I got was Keith Packard from the monolithic MAINTAINERS file.  Later,
> Ajax told me there was no official maintainer.
>
> It would be great if a few major contributors like you assumed the
> maintainer role officially to direct occasional contributors like me to
> people who could review and commit their patches.

Creating expectations that we'll promptly fail to fulfill sounds like a
bad idea.  If we did have established maintainers for whom private email
was an appropriate way to discuss changes, we would probably write that
down in a MAINTAINERS file, but xorg at lists.freedesktop.org or
bugs.freedesktop.org are the right places to propose changes.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com