MergedFB not working on radeon X700

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 05:15:30 PDT 2007

And finally IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

   Sorry for the capitals, but It has been a whole week of ctrl+alt+backspace.

I had to install the version from experimental
(xserver-xorg-video-ati_6.6.191-1_i386.deb) and on monitorLayout I
have to set:

   Option "MonitorLayout" "TMDS,CRT", becouse "TMDS,TMDS" dindn't
start my sencond monitor

My computer is now completelly free. No propietary programs/drivers
:D. I would like to help in the radeon open source driver improvement.
Please tell me if you want to test the driver in the X700 board.

Any idea about when dri/glx will be supported by ati open source driver?

  Thank all of you for your help

On 4/27/07, Alexej Davidov <alexej.davidov at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:41:46 +0200
> "Ricardo Ribalda Delgado" <ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> >   I'm trying to have dual head support with a radeon X700 using the
> > open source driver.  With Xinerama works perfectly, but when I try to
> > make it work using MergedFB I get exactly the same image on both
> > monitors (One connected to dvi and the other to vga). I have readed
> > the man, I have tryied many options, googled and.. I don't know what
> > else to do :(.
> >
> >  I attach xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log for both configurations.
> >

> >   Thanks for your help
> >
> I had exactly the same problem. As I see from your Xorg log you're on
> Debian, too. When I recently did an upgrade (all on unstable), the
> MergedFB setup stopped working. I think it was xserver-xorg-core,
> which was updated. Second monitor was detected, but all modes unusable.
>
> Try to use xserver-xorg-video-ati from  experimental. This fixed it for
> me.
>
> Regards,
> A.

Ricardo Ribalda