MergedFB not working on radeon X700

Alexej Davidov alexej.davidov at gmx.net
Thu Apr 26 23:33:57 PDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:41:46 +0200
"Ricardo Ribalda Delgado" <ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
>   I'm trying to have dual head support with a radeon X700 using the
> open source driver.  With Xinerama works perfectly, but when I try to
> make it work using MergedFB I get exactly the same image on both
> monitors (One connected to dvi and the other to vga). I have readed
> the man, I have tryied many options, googled and.. I don't know what
> else to do :(.
>
>  I attach xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log for both configurations.
>

>   Thanks for your help

I had exactly the same problem. As I see from your Xorg log you're on
Debian, too. When I recently did an upgrade (all on unstable), the
MergedFB setup stopped working. I think it was xserver-xorg-core,
which was updated. Second monitor was detected, but all modes unusable.

Try to use xserver-xorg-video-ati from  experimental. This fixed it for
me.

Regards,
A.