Fwd: xf86-video-intel in ubuntu feisty (needed dependencies)

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Thu Apr 26 03:49:10 PDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Javier Ruiz Hidalgo wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I'd like to test the new intel driver plus the xrandr
> on-the-fly-switch on my laptop (currently using ubuntu feisty) but
> being my main work machine I'd like to try not change too many things
> (in case I need to revert something back).
>
> I guess I need to install xrandr 1.2 and xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 but is
> it possible to install it using the the xserver version 1.2.0
> (provided by feisty) or should I use the xserver 1.3.0?
>
> Also, is xorg 7.2 and libxrandr 1.2 (provided by feisty) ok or do I
> need any more recent packages of something else?

If you want to test, maybe installing Debian 4.0 and upgrading to sid is a
better alternative now (you could use another partition for that). Testing
xrandr-1.2 needs xorg-server-1.3.0, Debian has that.

The intel driver is available in U7.04, although the version is 1.9.94.
2.0.0 is available here: http://users.tkk.fi/~tjaalton/dpkg
(and hopefully in feisty-updates soon).