xmessage (app) bombs out with git-build because of missing ChangeLog

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Mon Apr 23 04:07:48 PDT 2007

		Hello all.

While compiling the latest git checkout of xorg, I found that xmessage
seems to require a ChangeLog file not part of the repository files. This
makes the automake run fail as it sees the Changelog as a required file.
"touch"ing this file makes the problem go away, but should automake
require this (seemingly not present) file in the first place?

		greets,
		  Jens
============== log of failed autogen.sh run ========================
Building app module component xmessage...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I /opt/Xorg/share/aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
configure.ac:43: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:26: installing `./missing'
configure.ac:26: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:43: installing `./config.guess'
Makefile.am: required file `./ChangeLog' not found
Makefile.am:27: compiling `makeform.c' with per-target flags requires
`AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in `configure.ac'
Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
============== end log of failed autogen.sh run =====================
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java do
thoughts acquire speed, hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a
warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion