Khronos group, OpenGL ES/miniglx/EGL?

ZeAtShuttle zelco at xtra.co.nz
Thu Apr 19 01:29:53 PDT 2007

>"Scitech isn't the solution to anyone else's problem.."
>"Is that clear enough?"

yes sir, its clear,
that YOU *dont think* that it is solution to *anyone else's problem*... i guess, we'll see...

im not here to argue with people that dont agree with me, im here to FIND people that do agree with me

i got more that 50 e-mails, people wanna do all kind of projects with OpenGL, and X does stand in a way for some of those, not because its bad, but becuse of size, because of all the trouble to setup and make it work with OpenGL... they all, in a way, say:

"holy cow, why didnt i know about this before!"

anyway,
nothing else need to be said, you have your opinion and you did answer most of my questions - thanks, on the other hand i did my job of "sharing the data" and whoever stumbles across these posts and NEED HELP, im always happy to SHARE THE DATA, and can find me here:

Linux based OpenGL development system without X
http://one.xthost.info/zelko/opengl.html

cheers,
zelko

p.s.
if you have simple project that already uses OpenGL for drawing or you would like to 'convert' some program to OpenGL, you can use myOS and as soon as you burn the iso you will have complete development environment READY and you can start coding in few secends that it takes to boot, without the need to setup, configure or install enything else!

you can do it yourself, its EASY,
but, you also can ask me for HELP,
hell, i wouldnt mind converting your program myself if i can...

convering GLUT OpenGL code to MGL OpenGL is a matter of COPY & PASTE... too easy!

something like this is very welcome,

* game, demo
* text-editor
* web-browser
* avi/mpg player
* modeling/animation tools
* whatever other crazy or useful thing you can think of
* critique, suggestions, comments, ideas...

by the way, for all other OpenGL enthusiasts out there, beside Red-Book collection that is included in myOS i have other bigger collection of more than 100 other OpenGL demos from all around the internet, including NeHe... since this WORKS on EVERY LINUX, i believe its a nice, 'accesible' way to promote OpenGL on Linux and showcase your demo

share the data!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EwL0G9wK8j4