[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-1.9.94 (2.0 RC4)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 18 01:52:18 PDT 2007

Christian Weiske wrote:
>> Which file (and which line?) do I need to change to get "-I.." included?
>> I guess the Makefile in src/ch7017/, but I am not familiar with
>> Makefile's format and didn't find a spot to put it.
> How could I not see it? Looking for -I was enough to spot it later.

Warning, Makefile is a generated file which will be overwritten when you
next run autogen.sh....

> So I tried the merged modesetting on my 855GM system and it did not
> work. X started, but had a green (or blue) band on the left that
> flickered. When moving the cursor, one could think he saw it distorted
> on the band moving. Anyway, I couldn't use my laptop afterwards and had
> to reboot.
>
> I think it got the modeline wrong, but that's just a guess - the
> display's resolution was correct, but I think the refresh rates or so
> are wrong.

Are you compiling against your current 1.2 xserver or the newer 1.3 RC?
I've not tried with the older 1.2 version, so it may be worth building
the new xserver and then build the driver against this new xserver and
then run the whole kit and kaboodle.

Col.