Mini-Compiz on Miniature Linux/OpenGL (embedded 3D window system)

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:49:21 PDT 2007

> I downloaded a few files from
>
>    http://www.scitechsoft.com/ftp/devel/
>
> but it seems they don't release any source for the card drivers.

this is the key part actually. if there is source code for real
hardware acceleration then its worth it. thats a patent minefield
though and thats the real reason nobody dared to even think of opening
them up int the first place. the only option is invent new algorithms
that is not covered by any existing patent.

why should a hardware accelerated opengl driver be much bigger then a
software only opengl?

--
the thing i like with my linux pc is that i can sum up my complaints in 5 items