Selecting External Monitor with xf86-video-intel-1.9.94

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sat Apr 14 14:25:58 PDT 2007

I've been running xf86-video-intel-1.9.94 successfully on a Mac Mini
with a VGA monitor. I just tried the same configuration on a laptop and
it uses the built in display, not the external monitor.

I would have thought my

      Option "monitor-VGA" "MyVgaMonitorSection"

would have selected the external instead of the internal.

How do I force it to use the external instead of the internal?

Is there some documentation for the driver specific options? The man
page in the src xf86-video-intel-1.9.94 tar ball doesn't even mention
"monitor-VGA".