LCD, pan, randr1.2, and pan-to-downscale

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Apr 15 09:48:40 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 18:09 +0800, Austin Yuan wrote:

>  I am curious whether randr1.2 has addressed this
> pan-to-downscale feature, and will it support it in future?

Yes, I have patches against an older version of the Intel driver which
implement down-scaling. While those patches are not of specific
interest, the need for this functionality is clear. It should be
straight forward to take the existing rotation code and modify it to
support downscaling and upscaling. In fact, we can perform arbitrary
projective transformations on the content with the current underlying
implementation; the only need here is to expose that to the user.

keith.packard at intel.com