Funding Radeon driver development

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 18:44:53 PDT 2007

Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Yeah possibly. With the 'old' ATI, I would have said that we probably
> wouldn't get anywhere. But maybe with AMD now owning ATI, things might
> be different.

I hear people say this quite a lot but I think it's going to depend on
how much the two corporate management structures have integrated. ATI
for the purposes of getting documentation may still be the 'old' ATI,
for all we know. It's certainly worth a try however, because fglrx,
well, sucks...and isn't even available for PowerPC, my own narrow range
of interest.

Andrew